Born in Newcastle, England, he trained as an officer at Sandhurst, 1953-55,
before training as a sculptor at St. Martin's School of Art, 1960-64.
He lived in New York until 1969 before moving to Kinkell Castle,
Dingwall, receiving the 1971 Civic Trust Award for the castle's restoration.
In 1971 he received several commissions for public work in the
north of Scotland. These include Bilith III in Aberdeen; Alness
Pyramid at Alness Academy; Division in the Highland Sculpture
Park; and in 1972, Tunnel and Pyramid at Glenshee Sculpture Park.
For Standard Life Assurance, George Street, Edinburgh, he executed
a bronze relief of The Wise and Foolish Virgins (1979), a modern
version of the building's pediment group by Sir John Steell, of 1839.
Recent commissions include, The Fountain of Sabrina, Bristol
(1981), a bronze Cricketer, for Sir Paul Getty (1998), Stone
Dragon, for Bluewater Shopping centre, Dartford (1999), and In
Memory (2000), for Creag Bunuillidh, Helmsdale, to commemorate
victims of the Highland Clearances.
His only public work in Glasgow is Callanish, Strathclyde
- H, 30 April, 1998;
- The Scotsman, 24 February, 1999, 3 June, 2000.