Born in Leith, he worked as a shipwright during world war
one before studying sculpture at ECA
He produced ideal work in a variety of materials including
cement, glass and polystyrene.
His architectural sculpture includes the reliefs on the
Electricity Board Offices, 130 George Street, Edinburgh (1960-4).
His work in the Glasgow area is represented by the the Font and
Chancel Pavement, St. Andrew's Church, Cambuslang (1961-9).
He exhibited at the RSA
1930-76, and was elected ARSA