Glasgow based architect, he worked in partnership with Hugh Barclay
, as Barclay & Watt, 1856-60, at 136 Buchanan Street and later
at 101 West Nile Street.
With Barclay he designed the cast-iron Colisseum (an early
department store), 60-6 Jamaica Street (1856), which collapsed in
1993, the site being cleared in 1994.
Independently, he designed the Gothic St Vincent Church, 69 Kent
Road (1864-5, converted to flats 2001-2), which incorporates sculpture
by William Mossman II, and Broomloan Road Public School (now
Broomloan Nursery), 71 Broomloan Road (1875).