A Glasgow architect, he was a partner of
J L Cowan
in the early 1900s, as Cowan & Watson.
Among the many projects they collaborated on were St Paul's RC
Presbytery, 1213 Dumbarton Road (1904-8), and Queen's College, 1 Park Drive (1905).
Independently, he designed the East and West wings of St Aloysius' College, 45-7 Hill Street (1902-9), St Roch's RC
Church, 311 Royston Road (1906-7), and the Chancellor Street extension to St Peter's RC
Shool, Partick (1912).