A local stone mason about whom few facts have survived other
than that he was responsible for the Lion and Unicorn Staircase
at Glasgow University's Old College, High Street (1690).
Originally leading to the College's Fore Hall, the staircase was relocated to
the South West corner of Professors Square at the University's new buildings
at Gilmorehill in 1872.
- Ross, A and Hume, J (1975) A New and splendid Edifice The Architecture of the University of Glasgow, Glasgow.