Scottish stained glass artist, mural painter and sculptor.
He designed a lamp for St Charles Church, Kelvinside, and painted
the ceiling of the Sacred Heart Chapel in St Columbkille's RC Church,
Rutherglen, for Gillespie Kidd & Coia (1934-40).
In 1938, Pritchard was one of a host of Scottish sculptors who produced the statues and fountains
for the buildings and grounds of the Empire Exhibition in Bellahouston Park.
One of Pritchard's documented contributions was a series of frogs which sat around the circular wall of a pool outside the ICI Pavilion, which are now lost. These were shaped from twisted and convoluted strips of sheet steel and spouted water. A photograph published in the Architectural Review's critique of the exhibition (Vol. 84, 1938, p. 35) appears to be the only record of what the frogs looked like.
Later Head of the Mural Department at GSA
, he exhibited
Summer at the RSA
, 1941, and the aluminium and copper
Annunciation at the RGIFA
Pritchard's only architectural sculpture in Glasgow is the copper and glass
Knowledge and Inspiration on the façade of Glasgow University's
Modern Languages Building, 16 University Gardens (1957-60).