A Glasgow based firm of marble cutters formed by William and Peter Nicholl, they advertized themselves as
marble, granite and pavement merchants and sculptors.
They appear in Glasgow’s Post Office Directories for one year only, between 1852 and 1853.
They operated a steam marble works at 85 Union Place, in North Street, Anderston, and a showroom at 110 Bothwell Street, in the city centre.
Their only recorded commission was for the construction of the colossal Dunn of Duntocher Mausoleum in the Necropolis, from
a design by
J T Rochead
The Nicholl’s lived at 2 South Apsley Place in 1852, and latterly at 6 Victoria Place, Sandyford.