Glasgow based architect, he was in partnership with David Thomson at the turn of the 19th Century.
He was responsible for, or collaborated on, the additions to Springburn Primary and Nursery School, 48 Gourlay Street (1894-5); Argyll Chambers, 28-32 Buchanan Street (1902-4); Trinity College Library, 31 Lyndoch Street (1903-4, dest. 1985); the Western telephone exchange, Highburgh Road (1907, with
L A S Stokes
); and the Hope Street Post Office, 228 Hope Street (1910).
As Thomson & Menzies they exhibited their perspective drawing of Argyll Chambers at the RGIFA
in 1902, and saw it published in Academy Architecture in the same year.