A sculptor and painter, the sister of the painter and mosaic designer
Jessie M. McGeehan.
After training at GSA
and Carlossi's studio in Paris, she worked
from home at Raywards, Airdrie, 1894-99, then from a studio at
134 Bath Street, Glasgow, which she shared with her sister, 1899-1903.
She reputedly executed architectural sculpture in the city, though
probably as the carver of others' models rather than as an independent
Her only recorded commission in Glasgow was for the four allegorical
statues on Manchester House, Sauchiehall Street, carved from models by
(1896, dem. 1973).
Her work in bronze includes Maiden Meditation (1894), The
Castanet Player (1906), busts of Mrs D. Campbell Royat (1898)
and Vincent Murphy, whom she married in 1901.
She moved to Clovelly, Waterloo Park, Liverpool, in 1903 then to
Clovelly, 24 Platt's Lane, London, 1903-1906, before returning to Liverpool
where she lived at Ingle Lodge, Blundelsands, 1906-c.1931.
She exhibited paintings, busts and ideal work at the RGIFA
RSA 1895-1916 and RA 1902-1931.