Firm of sculptors, carvers and modellers producing architectural
sculpture, metalwork, ornamental plasterwork and joinery, with
reproductions of Grinling Gibbons carving a speciality.
Founded in London, they also had studios in Cheltenham and Birmingham.
Their Glasgow studio opened in 1909, at 160a Bothwell Street, and
operated until 1925, by which time they had moved to 3 Blythswood Square
as metal and plasterworkers.
Their work in Glasgow includes the sculpture on James Miller's Anchor Line Building, executed in Carrara Ware
by Doulton & Co., 12-16 St. Vincent Place (1907); the heraldry on J A Campbell's Edinburgh Life
Assurance building, 122-8 St Vincent Street (1904-6); and the ornamental metal-work
in the former Union Bank, 110-20 St. Vincent Street (1924-7).
The firm's work elsewhere in Britain includes the oak South Africa War Memorial,
Eton Memorial Library, Eton (1908) and the brass memorial to G A W Huddart, Brynkirin,