A sculptor and mural artist, his involvement with public art began in
1979 with work on murals for the gable ends of refurbished Glasgow
tenements and the Easterhouse Mosaic.
He studied printmaking and painting at GSA
, from 1973, and taught at
the Glasgow Print Studio, 1977-79, before spending a year in London as a
He returned to GSA
as a technician in silkscreen in 1981, later becoming
He paticipated in group exhibitions including the Scottish Print Open
Three, at Dundee Printmakers Workshop, 1983.
His recent work includes the relief panels entitled the Modern Myth on houses in Edzell Street, Whiteinch, Glasgow (1987-8),
and the mosaic at the Buttery Building, Anderston, Glasgow, celebrating the founding of the
Anderston Weavers Society in 1738 and the Philemon Housing Association in 1970.