A student of Environmental Art at GSA
in the late 1980s,
he successfully campaigned for the rescue and relocation
of a condemned sandstone drinking fountain at the junction
of Crown Street and Cathcart Road (built 1889), and devised
a scheme of relief panels to fill its redundant water basins.
These illustrate aspects of the area's former industries.
The fountain was relocated to a site opposite the Citizen's
Theatre, Gorbals Street, in 1990, although without its ball finial.
Harvey is represented in the collection of GMAG
Landscape, an abstract work in forged steel (1980).