A monumental sculptor, he produced a number of conventional monuments for Glasgow's cemeteries.
He was based on the city's south side, in East Pollokshields, for the duration of his career, setting up his business at 253 Shields Road in 1876. He later moved to 267 Shields Road then settled at 294 Shield Road, 1899-1901.
His most interesting work is the Scottish Football Association's monument in the Necropolis to William Dick, their secretary of ten years who died at the age of 29 in 1880.
Of particular interest to football historians is the obelisk's carved relief of an 1880s leather and laced football, and its associated attributes of a laurel wreath, for victory, and a palm frond, for peace.
An example of Galloway's work outside Glasgow is the monument to James and Raphael Allan, in Dumbarton Cemetery (1907).