A firm of monumental sculptors, architectural sculptors and granite merchants founded by Robert Douglas at 15 London Road, at Bridgeton Cross, with a branch yard in Airdrie. The firm traded as Robert Douglas & Co.
They carved the Necropolis monument to Duncan MacGilvray (c.1906), and the monument to Matthew A. McGhee in St. Peter’s Cemetery, Dalbeth, in Glasgow’s east end (1906).
An advert for the firm in the 1904 edition of Glasgow And Lanarkshire Illustrated includes a photograph of one of the firm’s
Celtic crosses, and notes that they provided ‘special designs for public and family memorials’.
- Glasgow And Lanarkshire Illustrated, 1904