Born Heswall, Cheshire, he studied at Liverpool College of Art,
1955-9, and Liverpool University, graduating with an Art Teacher's
He taught in the Department of Silversmithing and Jewellery at GSA
1971-95, and became a professional blacksmith in 1988, establishing a
forge at Milton of Campsie.
A sculptor in iron and steel, his commissions include Transition,
Royal Exchange House, 100 Queen Street, Glasgow (1989-90); the Sliding
Gates at the entrance to Borders Regional Council Headquarters, Newton
St. Boswells (1990); the Internal Double Doors, Royal Museum of
Scotland, Edinburgh (1995); the sign and railing outside the Quaker Meeting House,
Elmbank Crescent, Glasgow (1997); Constellation (1997) and
Benchmark, a series of sculptural seating units at Norrie Miller
Park, Perth (1998).
His most recent work in Glasgow is Carter's Hitch, Dundas Lane
He has exhibited widely and is represented in major public
collections in the UK.