A prolific firm of monumental sculptors, they operated from a workshop at 1155 Cumbernauld Road in Glasgow’s Millerston district, close to Riddrie Park Cemetery.
They provided the cemetery with the majority of its monuments. Usually carved in grey granite, they include the tall, richly decorated obelisk commemorating the builder John Thaw, of Thaw & Campbell (1910).
For the Necropolis they produced the monuments to the Roy family (c. 1903); William Baxter (mid-1900s); William Brown (1948); and William Lurton (d. 1960).
Typical of their later monuments is the small granite stone to Helen McCulloch in the Necropolis (c. 1961). This was also typically signed with the firm's initials, B & F.