Monumental sculptor Robert Brown formed a short lived partnership with James Marshall, as Brown & Marshall, at 434 South Wellington Street
in the Gorbals.
The partnership lasted for about a year, after which he traded on his own until 1883.
Brown lived at 150 Caledonia Road, near the Southern Necropolis. He was the father of monumental sculptor John Brown.
Both produced monuments for the Southern Necropolis.
Brown’s yard at 434 South Wellington Street was previously occupied by another monumental sculptor, Alexander Caldwell, until 1875,
and later by the monumental sculptor Robert McVittie, from 1888.