Glasgow - City of Sculpture
By Gary Nisbet
John Brown
(fl. 1889-98)
The son of monumental sculptor Robert Brown, he operated his own business from a workshop at 446 South Wellington Street in the Gorbals.

He moved to 441 South Wellington Street in 1897, and lived at 191 Caledonia Road, near the Southern Necropolis.

He produced a number of monuments in the Southern Necropolis and Glasgow's other cemeteries.

Sources:

Click here to return to the top.

All images and biographies are our copyright and may not be reproduced
in any form whatsoever without our express permission.

Home Page |  Sculpture Database |  Sculptors & Designers |  Architects, Builders & Foundries |  Quick Tour
Acronyms |  Glossary |  Bibliography |  Useful Links |  About Us |  Privacy Policy |  Copyright |  Contact Us
Our visitor count: from 1st Jan 2002
For sculpture and architecture: we have over 300 biographies of sculptors and architects connected with Glasgow, Scotland.

 
© 2001-2017 glasgowsculpture.com