Glasgow - City of Sculpture
By Gary Nisbet
Bowman & Barclay
(fl. 1846-7)
Firm of monumental sculptors, formed between Robert Bowman and Hugh Barclay, at 161 Stirling Road, 1846.

They dissolved the partnership in 1847, and set up independent workshops, Bowman at Sighthill Cemetery, until 1860, and Barclay at 45 Taylor Street. Bowman lived at 28 Parson Street.

Sources:

Click here to return to the top.

All images and biographies are our copyright and may not be reproduced
in any form whatsoever without our express permission.

Home Page |  Sculpture Database |  Sculptors & Designers |  Architects, Builders & Foundries |  Quick Tour
Acronyms |  Glossary |  Bibliography |  Useful Links |  About Us |  Privacy Policy |  Copyright |  Contact Us
Our visitor count: from 1st Jan 2002
For sculpture and architecture: we have over 300 biographies of sculptors and architects connected with Glasgow, Scotland.

 
© 2001-2017 glasgowsculpture.com