Glasgow - City of Sculpture
By Gary Nisbet
Boulton
of
Cheltenham
(fl. c. 1887)
Firm of ecclesiastical furnishers and sculptors based in Cheltenham, England.

They produced altars, fonts, pulpits and other ornaments for churches and chapels throughout the UK during the second half of the 19th century.

An important example of their work in Scotland is the Pulpit in Pugin & Puginís St Francis RC Church, 405-7 Cumberland Street, Glasgow, which was produced in alabaster and marble with figurative reliefs in Caen stone (1887).

Sources:

Click here to return to the top.

All images and biographies are our copyright and may not be reproduced
in any form whatsoever without our express permission.

Home Page |  Sculpture Database |  Sculptors & Designers |  Architects, Builders & Foundries |  Quick Tour
Acronyms |  Glossary |  Bibliography |  Useful Links |  About Us |  Privacy Policy |  Copyright |  Contact Us
Our visitor count: from 1st Jan 2002
For sculpture and architecture: we have over 300 biographies of sculptors and architects connected with Glasgow, Scotland.

 
© 2001-2017 glasgowsculpture.com