Born in Malawi, she attended ECA
, 1980-84, gaining a BA Hons. in Sculpture.
After winning an Andrew Grant Scholarship Award, 1984, she completed
post-graduate studies in 1985 and, in the same year, won an RSA
Scholarship to Florence.
Whilst still a student she produced Mining for Irvine Development
Corporation, and has exhibited work in Glasgow, Birmingham and Munich.
Her first major commission was '1840-1990', a
competition winning abstract sculpture commemorating the 150th anniversary
of the University of Glasgow's Regius Chair of Civil Engineering and Mechanics.
The sculpture is on the Rankine Building, on University Avenue.
Also in 1990, she was appointed Artist in Residence for Irvine New Town, where
she executed Birds (1992).