Specialising in tenement design, he collaborated with John Short
in the designs for tenements in Partickhill Road and the
blocks at the junction of Clarence Drive and Hyndland
During this time he operated from premises at 95 Bath Street,
1894, and 212 St. Vincent Street, 1897-1914.
His only other identified work is the terracotta
and Cold Store, Osborne Street (1901-02, dem.).
His sons Alexander and Mathew also pursued successful architectural